SMS (Short Message Service)|Friendship & Memories

image credit:huffingtonpost.com
When Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media were yet to take over. Mobile phone with basic functions such as making a phone call, sending a message, and with a radio or with Bluetooth was a big phenomenon. And at that point in time, SMS was a big hit. If you are in love or annoyed with WhatsApp now, the same applies to SMS in the past. Everyone shared their emotions through it. The following are some of the messages that kept recorded in a diary. I am reproducing it for the sake of some of my friends whom I have never heard of again ever since!!!!!!!
  •  My words are few but my heart is true. Friends, I can make but non-sweet as you. When God gave friends he tried to be fair, but when I got you I got more than my share.
  • Little words of love and affection melt a thousand hearts. A silent little prayer transforms a thousand lives. May you never be short of these things in life.
  •    Some days when the pages of my life end I know that you will be one of its most beautiful chapters and if I ever try to read it again I will start from the pages where I first met you.
  • Years will come, years will go but with each one, I will always know that whichever the road may bend you will always remain one awesome friend.
  • I came, I live and I will pass away one day with lots of things undone. Yet I can be happy with my life because I have found such a good friend like you.
  • If I were to pick the best moment, a moment to be kept forever for the world to see. I would choose the moment we became friends which is very much alive.
  • Normally when you ask people “how do you know your friend?” They tend to narrate a long story but in our case, its just a sentence “You found me when I was looking for you”.
  • A faithful friend is a true shelter whoever finds one has found a rare treasure. May you be such a rare treasure to everyone you encounter.
  • If a smile is a book, I give you a library. If care is SIM, I give you talk time. If friendship is life, I give you myself. 
  • You are the coolest things life ever slapped me with no matter what the future holds I know you will always be a part of me because as long as you are there, life rocks.
  • Friendship opens many doors each with a different view but none could be more beautiful than the door that leads to you.
  • I want to be your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.
  • Friends are like the wall of a house. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes you lean on them. But sometimes its enough to know they are just standing by.
  • Finding friends in this big and complicated world is truly a magical thing but for me finding you were not only magic but a blessing.
  • The greatest challenge in life is to find someone who knows all your faults, mistakes and much more wrong about you but still sees the best in you. 
  • Keeping a friend is as difficult as losing one. You sacrifice a lot to keep them. I may not have sacrificed enough for you but in my heart, I swear I am keeping you.
  • A lifetime is not too long to live as friends yet in that lifetime, may we always cherish and treasure one another. 
For the record, this generation will remember GIF, emojis, memes, shared videos and long messages on social media and of course lots of photographic memories.



Comments

Popular Posts