Jacob’s Fight| Jenjen Inpui

Image credit: Pixabay
Lately,
I've been thinking a lot about myself, maybe it's because of living in self-isolation. Artist "Antony Gromley," said in one of his interviews, "Our body is a first space where we live in". His words make me think of the person living in my body, I felt there are numerous species sharing my body. Every time the various personal come out to lead me it resulted in a self battle. I struggle to obey the strong inner call that can bring victory. They are all me but I attack pouring out my anger and disappointment and to many of them I already shut the door. There are some kinds that I love and I'm satisfied. There are some I want to abandon, some I want to hold on and some kind I want to invite in to live.

"I will not let you go unless you bless me", Jacob declared to the Angel. Likewise, I wrestle every day to keep the best me, that "me" I know which is the godsend. I want that person to be with me in my destiny. "Hermann Hesse" in his book 'Demian,' said, "Everyone had only one true vocation: to find himself". I too believe destiny is all about finding myself to create and live a meaningful life.

Comments

Popular Posts